We are a UK based team of skin doctors, pharmacists and expert formulators and we were sick of fancy formulations that do nothing for your skin. That’s why we have teamed up with the skin experts to offer a dermatologist designed virtual consultation so you can have access to effective, science backed ingredients. In formulas that suit your skin. Without all the faff of having to wait for a dermatology appointment!
We ask you to complete our online medical skin questionnaire (designed by derm docs) together with photos of your skin (unedited please!) so that our medical team can decide which ingredients will work best for you. It also enables us to establish that it is safe for us to prescribe you certain prescription treatments. Once you receive your customised formula, we deliver it to you every 8 weeks and email you a bespoke treatment plan.
A lot of our ingredients are prescription strength which means you need a medical professional to prescribe them for you. We blend these ingredients together in our base cream with other hydrating powerhouses like vitamin E, aloe and niacinamide.
We treat the following:
1) Acne - by ‘acne’ we mean all types of pesky spots, from occasional blemishes to more persistent acne, whiteheads and blackheads, hormonal acne, pregnancy-related acne, acne in breastfeeding, oiliness and congestion.
2) Uneven texture - this includes roughness, obvious pores and certain types of acne scars.
3) Hyperpigmentation - for example, dark marks secondary to acne, sun spots and melasma.
4) Anti-ageing - our ingredients help to diminish the appearance of fine lines and improve skin tone and discolouration.
5) The Glow protocol (newly launched!) - this is for skin that just needs a general boost. We’ll ask you about any other specific skin issues and prescribe a personalised cocktail of brightening and skin-smoothing ingredients.
Because it can take that length of time for it to respond to the ingredients. In derm world we generally stipulate this as a minimum time frame to give your cream a chance to work (and we’re all about the straight talk aka no ingredient is going to radically transform your skin in 1 day). You also want to give your skin time to adapt before we change the concentration of ingredients.
Yes and we make this easy for you (although we’re pretty confident you won’t want to!) You simply log in to your account and go to 'cancel my subscription’. We bill you 3 days prior to your sample being shipped so if you want to cancel we ask that you cancel before week 7.
It's possible to have a reaction to any type of cream. Sometimes people can experience a degree of peeling when first using a retinoid but this usually settles within a few weeks. When you receive your formula we always send you an email with a plan of how to apply your cream and what to expect.
In the majority of cases yes! When we email you your treatment plan, we may suggest that you simplify your routine especially if you are using a lot of other actives such as exfoliants so you don’t overload your skin.
We recommend you apply daily SpF alongside your custom formula because certain ingredients like retinoids can make your skin more sensitive to the sun (and an SPF is always a good idea anyway!!)
Our base cream includes a mixture of moisturising ingredients like vitamin E and triglycerides to help protect the skin barrier.
All our formulas are fragrance free, cruelty free and paraben free. We are believers in keeping things simple when it comes to skin care so we don’t use unnecessary ingredients.